Easter Surprise Package

I love spring. All the flowers, the adorable baby animals, the long-awaited sunshine. I especially love Easter! The colors of Easter are so fun and happy. And why shouldn't they be? We are celebrating new life! The resurrection of our Savior, which has made it possible for all of us to be resurrected and live again with our loved ones! To me, there is no greater thing to celebrate.
So since I made a gift box to send to my nieces and nephew in Washington to celebrate Christmas, I thought I would also send one to celebrate Easter. (Please ignore the awful job I did on hand-cutting the pink border. This is why I love my Silhouette machine! :)  )


Label design is "Ornate Frame" by Jamie Koay.  I used my sketch pen adapter in my Silhouette to write the name and address.

At the Scrapbook Expo last week I found this adorable glittery Easter paper from Doodlebug on sale for 4 for $1!


I knew I wanted it for the package, but I just figured maybe I'd use it for a card. When I got home, I was looking through my Silhouette designs to see what card I could make and saw this beautiful gift card box by Lori Whitlock. 


The design reminded me of a sun or a flower - perfect for Spring! I cut it out of white pearlized cardstock. Looking through my embellishments for ideas, I remembered I had a whole bunch of these domed epoxy stickers by Sticko for my scrapbook earring project awhile ago.


So I put them on the paper and decided they would make adorable Easter pushpins! Unfortunately I didn't have anything to make them into pushpins except the earring backs I used for these earrings. But hey, now with the earring backs on them they will stay securely in the box during shipping and the girls could use them as earrings if they want!



Hopefully the girls like them. My poor nephew only got Skittles. Apparently Easter colors and themes are somewhat too girly for a 17 year old boy who is into Star Wars. *Sigh*

Tell me what you think in the comments, and let me know what Easter/Spring projects you're working on!



1 comment:

  1. What a great project! I love the stickers. I wish I had nieces to make an Easter gift for! I will be egg etching and making greeting cards. Check out and follow my blog sometime www.lithuanianeggart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete