Summer-inspired blank travel journal

I have a new first in my shop. I'm selling a blank travel journal I made for Summer!

I love binding blank books, but unfortunately I love binding them more than I love writing in them, so I have more than I can fill!

This project was especially fun because I usually don't experiment with bright color. I'm not daring when it comes to venturing beyond neutrals and subdued natural hues. But something about this paper inspired me. There are little bits of bright yellow, green, pink, and a marvelous magenta sprinkled in.



So I went to the craft store, found yellow fabric for the binding, went over to the ribbon aisle, and fell in love with a pink flower button. Wait..... button? But I was making a journal....? But it was the perfect color pink! And and.... I just HAD to find a way to incorporate it into the design of the journal. Then it hit me. The closure! Duh. I could use elastic and make a loop to go around the button from the back to make a closure. This worked out perfectly, because now it really works as a travel journal. You can tote it around and not worry about it opening in your bag and getting the pages wrinkled, or about your pictures and pressed leaves and flowers falling out. Score!

And no need to keep it dangerously open by the pool just so you don't lose your place. I've thought of that, too. To me, the value and practicality of any book goes way up with the addition of a built-in ribbon bookmark.





View the listing HERE

Let me know what you think in the comments! Helpful criticism is also welcome! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment